Saturday 6 April 2019

Play with pattern


When I was learning to paint and teaching, one thing I loved was combining different elements to create something different.  Whether you have learned daisies, roses, ribbons or all three, there are numerous ways you can combine them to create something unique.  There were always some elements for me though that pair so well together, I found myself pairing roses and delicate lace time and time again in different ways.

Hand painted gift box decorated with folk art style roses and a lace pattern


This month, for our theme in April we are focusing on pattern and I just couldn't help but look through a few of my old pattern folders and came across this design.

Vintage Roses and lace design created by Carol Sykes from You Can Folk It

Mixing vintage roses, flat brush leaves and lace, it creates a delicate pattern that I will be working with throughout the month. So join me as I play with colour and play with this design to show you how you can create many different looks with just one design.  

If you would like to have a go at painting this design and want to join in and discover all the different looks you can create throughout the month, you can download the design from our Pinterest Folk It pattern board.  

I do hope you will join me on this journey :) 

Love, Carol x 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© You Can Folk It!. All rights reserved.
designed by pipdig